Integrity - broward (See miami)
- Keynote : Boyd Bailey
- Case Study : Michael I. (Mike) Pappas
- Location : The Global Events Center ( 416 NE 1st Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301)
- Time : February 6, 12:30PM to 5:00PM (Lunch at 12:00PM)
Leadership Coach and Entrepreneur
After graduation from Snead State Junior College, Jacksonville State University and Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in 1985, we worked in churches for 10 years. The last church I served as Associate Pastor at First Baptist Atlanta with Dr. Charles Stanley and his son Andy. The Stanley’s gave me the opportunity to write for some of their published books and taught me life-time lessons about servant leadership, loving people, prayer and teaching the Bible.
In 1995, we opened the Crown Ministries office in Atlanta and helped churches disciple their members in wise financial principles. The ministry grew significantly and I was eventually asked to serve as the National Field Director over our 32 offices across the country. But soon after 9/11 and with four teenage daughters at home, we co-founded Ministry Ventures. At MV we trained and coached ministry leaders in the best practices of prayer, board development, strategy, administration, and fundraising. Over 14 years we helped over 1,000 ministries become their best.
Wisdom Hunters is another ministry God birthed in 2004 to help people “apply unchanging truth in a changing world” through sound Biblical teaching and application. Over 250,000 daily readers in 86 countries through email, social media, app, a blog, audio, podcast, and YouVersion. By God’s grace 10 books have been self-published and 8 books published with Harvest House. The most recent is Learning to Lead Like Jesus. The next book Essential Habits of Relational Leaderswill come out summer of 2020. I’m not a great writer, but I am able to write about great things!
I serve on numerous boards including Ministry Ventures, Wisdom Hunters, Souly Business and The River Foundation. My wife, Rita serves on the Hello Hope board and is deeply involved in Spiritual Formations. She loves traveling with me and loving on the grandbabies.
Since 2016, I have served as the President of the National Christian Foundation of Georgia. Helping 1,100 families manage donor-advised funds, with over $40M given annually to Christian causes.
So thankful for Rita, our 4 daughters, 4 sons-in-law, and 9 grandbabies. I am most grateful to Jesus Christ for His love, forgiveness and intimate relationship that gives me the courage, energy, and love to wake up every day to serve and love people.
Michael I. (Mike) Pappas
President/CEO, Keyes Company/Illustrated Properties
Michael I. Pappas is the President of The Keyes Company/Illustrated Properties, a Miami-based real estate company with 50 branches, 3300 associates and affiliates that include Capital Partners Mortgage, Home Partners Title, Keyes Insurance, and Keyes Property Management. The Keyes Company, with sales and services in excess of $6.2 billion annually, is one of the largest independent brokerage firms in the United States.
Mr. Pappas graduated Cum Laude from Wake Forest University, where he majored in Business and Spanish. He joined Keyes as a Sales Associate in 1980 and held a variety of positions, including General Sales Manager, until taking over as President in 1992.
Mr. Pappas has been the recipient of numerous awards and designations, including the YPO Legacy Award and “Real Estate Up and Comer of the Year” by Price Waterhouse and “Best Real Estate Deal of the Year” by South Florida Magazine. The past three years, he was named in the National Top 200 Most Powerful People in Real Estate by Swanepoel Power 200.
- What did you learn from George Washington that impressed you the most and why?
- George Washington believed that God had a purpose for his life. Do you wonder about such a call on your life? If so, when did you first start pondering this notion of a calling on your life and what got you thinking about such a call?
- What character traits do you see in GW that would be helpful in living out your calling?
- GW had to be a very busy person yet he devoted himself to read the Bible daily. What is your takeaway with such devotion?
- GW’s calling included being a businessman, a military officer, the President and serving at his church. Have you considered that your calling can be right in your workplace?
- What would such a calling look like in a workplace? Do you have a story to share of how the workplace is being used for God’s calling?
- Have you considered that your calling can change over time? If so, how would you go about making such a decision to pursue a change?
- Do you have a story in your life that your calling has changed? If so, please share.
- GW encouraged his soldiers during difficult times to look to the future – to imagine what generations yet unborn would think of them and what they achieved. The calling on your life can be difficult to fulfill. What can you use as inspirational to help you push through difficult circumstances so that you can fulfill the calling on your life?